A wood stove chimney fire that spread into the walls damaged a home Tuesday morning in the Town of Bath.
The Bath Fire Department was called to the Robert and Margaret Mesler residence at 7943 Harrisburg Hollow Road at 3:09 a.m., said Chief David G. Dowdle.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered flames breaking out of the soffits around the external chimney and in the walls and attic, Dowdle said.
The fire was brought under control by 5 a.m. There were no injuries.
Hammondsport, Avoca, Savona and Kanona fire departments responded to the scene. The Bath VA Fire Department was on standby.
Firefighters battled sub-zero temperatures as they fought the fire, Dowdle said.