HAMMONDSPORT | The popular Keuka Lake summer destination Snug Harbor Restaurant in Hammondsport caught fire early Monday morning, the Hammondsport Fire Department said.

The department responded to the fire at approximately 3:53 a.m., according to fire chief Bill Fries.

They had the fire under control “probably about 15-20 minutes later,” Fries said.

“Probably by 4:10-4:15 a.m. we had it pretty well necked-down,” he said. “And we just went into overhaul to make sure (it was under control).”

Fries said the blaze stemmed from the use of an old brick chimney. A chimney fire that morning spread to the walls and then to the deck and porch area outside of the second floor dining room.

Fries said the upstairs dining room sustained the brunt of the damage.

“There was no damage to the downstairs, to the kitchen, bar area, main dining room and stuff downstairs,” he said.

The restaurant sustained approximately $20,000-$25,000 in damage, Fries said. The building is not a total loss.

The Bath, Pulteney, and Wayne fire departments also responded to the scene.

No one was injured and no animals were harmed in the blaze.

At press time, Snug Harbor could not be reached for comment regarding how soon they would reopen.