|
The Steuben Courier Advocate
  • Cameron: Propane heater ruled cause of fatal fire

  • The fire that killed an 89-year-old Cameron woman Sunday morning, April 7, has been ruled accidental.

    • email print
  • The fire that killed an 89-year-old Cameron woman Sunday morning, April 7, has been ruled accidental.
    New York State Police and the Steuben County Fire Investigation Team determined the blaze started when a working propane heater ignited combustible items nearby. Investigators determined the fire quickly spread through the residence, located at 4299 Swale Road.
    The victim, Pauline M. Judd, died of smoke inhalation, an autopsy determined.
    The fire was discovered around 7:30 a.m. Sunday when Judd’s son, Bruce Judd, noticed flames. Bruce Judd, who was outside doing farm chores when he discovered the fire, also lived at the home.
    About a half-dozen fire departments responded to the scene of the fire.

        calendar