CORNING - The 35th annual Wineglass Marathon saw the biggest turnout ever, with 6,000 total runners between the half marathon and full marathon fields.

Even with the massive number of runners, a familiar face crossed the finish line first as Addison native Bryan Morseman won the event for a third straight year. His winning time was 2:24:49.14.

The win also made Morseman the first-ever four-time winner of the event.

“It feels great, I wanted that fourth win, it’s the most out of anyone that’s ever ran this race,” Morseman said. “To be a local guy doing it and to give appreciation back to the area it’s a great feeling.”

Kenny Goodfellow was second with a time of 2:35:46, followed by Connor Rosenblatt (2:38:46), Bobby Asher (2:41:43) and Dave Vona (2:42:36).

Bailey Drewes - a Bemidji, Minnesota native and current Cornell grad student bested the women’s field with a time of 2:47:36.76 in her third marathon.

“The goal was to come here and win, but the main goal was to set a new personal record, and I broke that by about four minutes,” said Drewes.

Julia Snyder was the second woman to finish in 3:02:55, followed by Cassidy Nagle (3:03:40), Casey Moskel (3:04:03) and Alyssa Knott (3:06:40).

Coming from a small town in northern Minnesota, Drewes connected with the small town feel and atmosphere of the Wineglass.

“It’s fun to see all the people in a small town cheering, I couldn’t go a quarter mile without people cheering, I like seeing families out, it makes it a little more casual,” Drewes said.

Drewes only has a year of marathon running under her belt, but she’s leaning towards defending her title next year.

“I would definitely consider doing it again next year - it was a great event,” stated Drewes.

Following the win, Morseman will be gearing up to represent the United States in the 50K World Championships in Doha, Qatar on Nov. 11.

“All of these races are in preparation for the 31-mile grueling race, I’m super excited to throw on that USA jersey and represent the area,” said Morseman.

Sunday’s marathon started on Mt. Washington Road in Bath, while the half marathon got started a half-hour earlier at Campbell-Savona High School.

The finish line was stationed near Centerway Square on Market Street in Corning.