Community Calendar click here
• The Retired Corning Police Officers Association will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 12 at the Central Restaurant in Painted Post. The association is open to any retired law enforcement officer living or working in Steuben County. For more information call Tom Greven at 607-769-8717.
• The Keuka Lake Association will hold its annual meeting at 9 a.m. Saturday at Hammondsport Central School. Refreshments will be served prior to the meeting at 8:15 a.m. To learn more about the KLA visit their website at keukalakeassoc.org or visit us them on Facebook.
• The Charles E. Wescott American Auxiliary Unit 173 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 11.
• The Steuben County Veteran’s Memorial will hold a monthly business meeting at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, July 10 in the dining room of the facility located at 7230 State Route 54, Bath, NY. All regular Steuben County Veterans Memorial members are welcome to attend the meeting. Support your veteran’s organization.
• The Wine Country Toastmasters will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Steuben County Health Care Facility, in the guest dining room on the second floor, 7009 Rumsey Street Extension, Bath. Guests are welcome. For more information call Terry Bilancio at 776-7813, Bob Babcock at (585) 728-9167 or Victoria Nichols at 324-7094.
• The Hammondsport American Legion Unit #407 will hold their monthly meeting at 2 p.m. today.
• An Organizational Meeting of the Campbell-Savona School District Board of Education will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the District Office Board Room.
• The reorganization and regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Bath Central School District will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 13 at the District Office. Following the reorganization meeting the regular meeting of the board of education will be held.
• Dormann Library welcomes Simple Gifts - two women plus ten instruments equals one good time at 1:30 p.m. Friday at St. Mary’s O’Malley Hall. This program is part of the summer reading program and sponsored by the Kiwanis Club. Open to the public.
• ‘Around the World With Dance’ workshop will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library in Hammondsport. Open to all ages from 8-18. Please pre-register. For more information call the library at 607-569-2045 or visit hammondsportlibrary.org.
• A craft class for kids this summer will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, July 11 at the Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library in Hammondsport. The workshop is entitled “Creating local art with natural materials” with Tony Moretti age five plus. This class is a series of craft classes for children. For more information or to register call the library at 607-569-2045.
• Prattsburgh will hold their Music in the Park by Hank & The Hustlers from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, July 10. Refreshments will be available, bring your own lawn chair. In case of rain the event will be held at the Methodist Church. The concert is free and open to the public.
• The Keuka Lake Art Association will hold its 45th Annual Art Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 10 on the village square in Hammondsport. The juried show will award ribbons and cash prizes in nine categories. Applications welcome as soon as possible. For more information email email@example.com or call 607-569-3564, 607-776-7774.
• The Finger Lakes Chamber Music Festival will host members of the Manhattan Chamber Orchestra (MCO), Richard Auldon Clark, artistic director at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 10 at Norton Chapel, Keuka College, 141 Central Ave., Penn Yan. Tickets are $18 and free for students. Tickets can be purchased online at www.FingerLakes-Music.org, at the Yates County Arts Council, 119 E. Elm St., Penn Yan or at the door concert night.
• The Cornell Cooperative Extension team of Stephanie Mehlenbacher and Jon Sterlace will again host a booth at the Bath Wednesday Farmer’s Market from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (or until samples run out) Wednesday, July 13.
• Victims of Domestic Violence (Women)
6:45-7:45 p.m. Monday night. For more information call 1-800-286-3407.
• Narcotics Anonymous meetings:
7-8:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at St. Thomas Church.
7-8:30 p.m. Thursday at Ira Davenport.
1-2:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary’s Church.
7-8:30 p.m. Sunday the meetings at the Kinship House.
• The Center for Dispute Settlement, Inc., 22 Liberty St., is a non-profit organization that helps residents, neighbors and families resolve issues through mediation. For more information, call 776-6976.
• Over Eaters Anonymous (OA) will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Bath Baptist Church, downstairs.
• Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry announces a change in hours beginning in July. Tuesdays from 3-4 p.m. and Saturday from 10:30 to 12 noon. The pantry serves the Hammondsport School District only, sponsored by all the Hammondsport churches and housed in Saint James Episcopal Church. The entrance is off Main Street at the rear.
• The Farm Service Agency is accepting applications in Steuben County for disaster emergency loan assistance due to damages and losses caused by excessive rain which occurred June 1, 2010 and are continuing. Family farmers who have suffered losses of at least 30 percent of their production due to the frost, freeze, high winds, hail, excessive rain and cold temperatures may be eligible for FSA loans. Farmers must be unable to obtain credit from private commercial lenders. The interest rate on emergency loans is 3.75 percent.
Application for loans under this emergency designation will be accepted until Aug. 17 at the FSA office, 415 West Morris St., Bath
For more information call 776-7398.
• Steuben Child Care Project gives child care providers information on a federally funded program which reimburses providers for nutritious meals served to the children in their program. The new on-line claiming process makes the required recordkeeping a snap, taking less than 5 minutes a day.
SCCP helps child care providers access the funding that they are eligible to receive, as well as, support the providers to operate their businesses as economically as possible.
For more information on child care programs call 776-2126 or 1 (800) 553-2033
• Bath area needs volunteers through RSVP
RSVP is looking for volunteers to drive, help at Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital or Lakeview, work with a child once a week to improve their reading.
Donations of yarn, fabric, and notions needed to support local volunteer crafting groups.
If you are 55 years of age or older and you are interested in these or any other volunteer opportunities, call Michelle at 664-2298 to learn more being an RSVP Volunteer, Appointments are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays at the RSVP office in the Steuben County Building
Visit RSVP website at www.steubencony.org/RSVP.
Now recruiting in Prattsburgh.