Health Calendar, click here
7-8:30 p.m. Monday in the cafeteria at St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell.
The free support group is open to any individual who has had a gastric bypass or is considering one. For more information call 324-5869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A bereavement group for residents dealing with the loss of a loved one meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, December 27 in the Social Day Care Room on the ground floor of the Taylor Health Center.
6 p.m. Monday at Kinship Family & Youth Services, 130 Rumsey St., Bath. A light snack will be provided. Call (315) 538-8018 or e-mail email@example.com to RSVP.
The Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services will sponsor free HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease clinics, by appointment only as follows:
• From 9-11 a.m. Thursday, December 29 at the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services clinic rooms, County Office Building, 3 East Pulteney Square, Bath.
The clinics are services available to all residents of Steuben County for HIV counseling and testing and for testing and treating sexually transmitted diseases.
For an appointment or information call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Bath office at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471.
The Steuben County Public Health Department will offer immunizations for Measles, Polio, Mumps, Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, HIB, hepatitis A, and Human Papillova virus.
• From 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, December 28 at the Steuben County Public Health & Nursing Services, County Office Building – G3 off D.S.S. Lobby, Bath.
All clinics are by appointment only. An administration fee will be charged for children less than 19 years old based on a sliding fee scale ($3-$15/person.) Medicaid is accepted. Children unable to attend with an adult family member must bring a permission slip signed by parent/legal guardian. Adults are encouraged to attend the clinics to receive tetanus/diphtheria vaccine recommended every 10 years. The cost for the vaccination is $20.
Bring records of previous immunizations to the clinics. Call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Office in Bath at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471 to schedule an appointment or for further information.
Want to quit smoking?
• The Bath VA offers the Quit Smart Program to assist eligible veterans quit smoking. For more information call 664-4300.
• Get free and confidential help finding rehab treatment listings in your local area through findrehabnow.com or call today at 888-629-0333 to speak to a counselor.
Senior home care
The Steuben County Office for the Aging assists senior citizens and their families explore the many options for home care and support services for eligible senior citizens. For more information at 607-664-2298.
Steuben Coordinated Transportation offers transportation assistance to Steuben County residents (not on Medicaid) to medical, nutritional, or other necessary services. Assistance is offered through referrals to area services or by arranging for a volunteer driver for qualified clients.
For more information call (800) 346-2211 There is no fee but donations are accepted.
Residents of any age interested in becoming a volunteer driver may also call for more information. Mileage reimbursement is available to volunteer drivers.