Health Calendar, click here
The Steuben County Public Health Department will offer immunizations for Measles, Polio, Mumps, Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, HIB, hepatitis A, and Human Papillova virus.
• From 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, January 11 at the Steuben County Public Health & Nursing Services, County Office Building – G3 off D.S.S. Lobby, Bath.
An administration fee will be charged on a sliding scale ($3-$15 per person) for children under 19. Medicaid is accepted.
Adults are encouraged to update tetanus/diptheria immunization every 10 years. Cost for the adult immunization is $20.
Immunizations are by appointment only.
The Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services will sponsor free HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease clinics, by appointment only as follows:
• From 9-11 a.m. Thursday, January 12 at the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services clinic rooms, County Office Building, 3 East Pulteney Square, Bath.
The clinics are services available to all residents of Steuben County for HIV counseling and testing and for testing and treating sexually transmitted diseases.
For an appointment or information call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Bath office at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471.
Want to quit smoking?
• The Bath VA offers the Quit Smart Program to assist eligible veterans quit smoking. For more information call 664-4300.
• Get free and confidential help finding rehab treatment listings in your local area through findrehabnow.com or call today at 888-629-0333 to speak to a counselor.
Senior home care
The Steuben County Office for the Aging assists senior citizens and their families explore the many options for home care and support services for eligible senior citizens. For more information at 607-664-2298.
Steuben Coordinated Transportation offers transportation assistance to Steuben County residents (not on Medicaid) to medical, nutritional, or other necessary services. Assistance is offered through referrals to area services or by arranging for a volunteer driver for qualified clients.
For more information call (800) 346-2211 There is no fee but donations are accepted.
Residents of any age interested in becoming a volunteer driver may also call for more information. Mileage reimbursement is available to volunteer drivers.
Hospital bills or Medicare questions?
St. James Mercy financial representatives are available 1-2 p.m. Tues. at the Office for the Aging, 20 Broadway Mall, Hornell to answer questions regarding hospital bills or Medicare. This is a free service offered to any individual and no appointment is necessary.For more information call 324-8040.
• 2:30-4 p.m. Monday at Green Meadows, 120 Creekside Drive, Painted Post. The group is sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association and the Steuben County Office for the Aging. No fee or registration is required. For more information call 585-760-5400 or 800-272-3900.
• A bereavement group for residents dealing with the loss of a loved one will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Social Day Care Room on the ground floor of the Taylor Health Center.