Health Calendar, click here
• A bereavement group for residents dealing with the loss of a loved one will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 14 the Social Day Care Room on the ground floor of the Taylor Health Center.
• Alzheimer’s Disease support group (for spouse’s/partners only of those with dementia) from 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon Monday, February 13 at the Steuben County Health Care Facility, 7009 Rumsey St. Extenstion, Bath.
• A new course is now available: The new 40 minute CPR-By-Stander course. CPR has changed. The “short-form” is “hands-only.” The new approach by the American Heart Association is geared to be taught to the whole family in under an hour. Go to 10000LinksCPR.org to learn more.
Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital will hold an American Red Cross Blood Drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday in the Ruth Cole Room of the hospital. Please call Kim Sprague at 607-776-8634 to make a appointment.
• Bath Area.
7 p.m. Wednesday at the Dormann Library, 101 West Morris St., Bath.
• Hornell area
10 a.m. Wednesday at Friendly’s in Hornell, sponsored by St. James Mercy Hospital. For more information call 545-6404 or 295-9852.
The Steuben County Public Health Department will offer immunizations for Measles, Polio, Mumps, Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox, HIB, hepatitis A, and Human Papillova virus.
• From 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, February 8 at Steuben County Public Health & Nursing Services, County Office Building – G3 off D.S.S. lobby, Bath. Children unaccompanied by adult family member must bring a signed permission slip.
An administration fee will be charged on a sliding scale ($3-$15 per person) for children under 19. Medicaid is accepted.
Adults are encouraged to update tetanus/diptheria immunization every 10 years. Cost for the adult immunization is $20.
Immunizations are by appointment only.
The Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services will sponsor free HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease clinics, by appointment only as follows:
• From 9-11 a.m. Thursday, February 9 at the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services clinic rooms, County Office Building, 3 East Pulteney Square, Bath.
The clinics are services available to all residents of Steuben County for HIV counseling and testing and for testing and treating sexually transmitted diseases.
For an appointment or information call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Bath office at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471.
• Arnot Health is offering a series of education classes for adults with diabetes. Participants should attend all four classes (scheduled weekly) in the series. A physician referral is required. Attendees’ insurance provider will be billed for enrollment costs. Classes will be held from 10 a.m. to 12 noon Tuesday, February 7 at the Horseheads Medical Office Building, 100 John Roemmelt Drive. Interested individuals with a physician referral should call Endocrinology and Diabetes to register at 607-795-2820.
Want to quit smoking?
• The Bath VA offers the Quit Smart Program to assist eligible veterans quit smoking. For more information call 664-4300.
• Get free and confidential help finding rehab treatment listings in your local area through findrehabnow.com or call today at 888-629-0333 to speak to a counselor.
Senior home care
The Steuben County Office for the Aging assists senior citizens and their families explore the many options for home care and support services for eligible senior citizens. For more information at 607-664-2298.