Health Calendar, click here
The Steuben County Public Health Department will offer immunizations for children in need.
• From 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, November 28 at the Steuben County Public Health & Nursing Services, County Office Building – G3 off D.S.S. Lobby, Bath.
All clinics are by appointment only. An administration fee will be charged for children less than 19 years old based on a sliding fee scale ($3-$15/person.) Medicaid is accepted. Must adult vaccines are also available at cost, and a few are free at the clinics. Medicaid is also accepted for adults
Bring records of previous immunizations to the clinics. Call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Office in Bath at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471 to schedule an appointment or for further information.
The Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services will sponsor free HIV clinics, by appointment only as follows:
• From 9-11 a.m. Thursday, November 29 the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services clinic rooms, County Office Building, 3 East Pulteney Square, Bath.
The clinics are services available to all residents of Steuben County for HIV counseling and testing.
For an appointment or information call the Steuben County Public Health and Nursing Services Bath office at 664-2438 or 800-724-0471.
Senior home care
The Steuben County Office for the Aging assists senior citizens and their families explore the many options for home care and support services for eligible senior citizens. For more information at 607-664-2298.
Steuben Coordinated Transportation, in partnership with the Office for the Aging and the United Way of the So. Tier, offers transportation assistance to Steuben County residents (not on Medicaid) to medical, nutritional, or other necessary services. Transportation assistance is offered by referrals to area services or by arranging for a volunteer driver to transport qualified clients.
If you are a senior citizen without transportation to necessary, non-emergency appointments, please call 2-1-1 HELPLINE by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-346-2211 and ask for Steuben Coordinated Transportation. Donations are accepted but there is not a fee for any services given.
Residents of any age interested in becoming a volunteer driver and a vital part of our community are also invited to call for more information. (Mileage reimbursement is available to volunteer drivers.)
Want to quit smoking?
• The Bath VA offers the Quit Smart Program to assist eligible veterans quit smoking. For more information call 664-4300.
• Gastric Bypass from 7-8:30 p.m. Monday in the cafeteria at St. James Mercy Hospital, Hornell.
The free support group is open to any individual who has had a gastric bypass or is considering one. For more information call 324-5869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A bereavement group for residents dealing with the loss of a loved one will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, November 27 the Social Day Care Room on the ground floor of the Taylor Health Center.