Community Calendar, click here
• Catholic Charities Turning Point is launching the 2012 Adopt-A-Family Christmas Program. This year has been especially difficult for numerous families in our local community, given the current economy. To help ease this situation, please consider adopting a family or making a donation towards the Adopt-A-Family Christmas Program. To Adopt-A-Family or for more information contact Tammy VanVleck at 607-776-4575 ext. 214.
• A Holiday Fair Craft Show will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Campbell Legion. Light lunch and beverages will be served. Local vendors and crafters, raffles and gift certificates.
• The Bath Area Family Resource Center will hold a brief overview “Parenting the Strong-Willed Child: What Parents Need to Know,” by Ryan Peterson, Psy.D. from 6-8 p.m. Thursday, November 29 in room 29 at the VEW Primary School, 216 Maple Heights, Bath. Limited child care provided. Pre-registration required by calling Maria at 607-776-4123 extension 5650 by Wednesday, November 28.
• CCC will host a Midday Concert from 12:30-1:40 p.m. Thursday, November 29 in R004 of the Learning Center building on the Spencer Hill campus in Corning. This weeks concert will be by Student Recitalists. This performance will feature selections prepared by individual student recitalists who have prepared performance literature during their lessons this semester. The event is free and open to the public. For more information contact Loueda Bleiler at 607-962-9298.
• The regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Bath Central School District will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the District Office.
• St. John Vianney Parish of Bath and Hammondsport is now holding a series of workshops as a part of Pope Benedict XVI’s declaration of a “Year of Faith.”
“Catholics 101” is a 10- part series of Thursday workshops be held from 10-11:30 a.m. at O’Malley Hall, (St. Mary site) 36 E. Morris St., Bath and 7-8:30 p.m. at McGill Hall, St. Gabriel site, 78 Shethar St., Hammondsport.
Bible Study for Catholics is a 10 week workshop on Mondays. Sessions will be held from 10:15-11:45 a.m. at McGill Hall, with evening sessions set for 7-8:30 p.m. at O’Malley Hall.
For more information or to register, call 607-776-3327 or 607-569-3501.
• The Cohocton Assembly of God will hold a free drive through Living Nativity from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday, December 7; Saturday, December 8; and Sunday, December 9 at the church, 31 N. Dansville St. (Route 415,) Cohocton. For more information call 585-384-9113 or 585-384-5952.
• Contributions are now being accepted for the annual Wreaths Across America event slated for 11 a.m. Dec. 15 at the Bath National Cemetery. Donations by individuals and organizations must be received by Wreaths Across America by Nov. 26. Donors also need to put the location ID on the sponsorship form.
For more information go the organizers’ Facebook page, WAA.BathNationalCemetery for updates and links to the location page. Questions also may be sent to email@example.com.
• The Prattsburg Free Library will hold a program, “Make a Wreath” at 7 p.m. Monday, December 3 at the library for adults only. Pre-registration with a $10 fee for materials is required. Refreshments will be served.
• The Prattsburg Free Library invites children to make a photo cube for themselves or a gift from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, December 15 at the library. Snacks, fun and a prize for the most creative will be available. This program is free.
• The Hammondsport Mac Users Group will meet at 10:30 a.m. Monday, November 26 in the Fred & Harriett Taylor Memorial Library. Topic for this meeting will be "How To". Additional info can be found at the group's website at www.hportmug.com.