Dana Lyon seeks college as tenant
The Save the Lyon Commission is looking at attracting a college to relocate in the former Dana Lyon School on the corner of Liberty Street and Washington Boulevard.
According to commission member John Bryson, the small college might also be convenient for graduating Haverling High School students.
The old school has 32 classrooms, seven offices, a 200-seat cafeteria with kitchen, combination auditorium, gym with stage and balcony, tennis and basketball court, ice skating ring, large parking lot and a Steuben County bus stop at front do, Bryson said.
In addition, volunteers have been active cleaning the grounds of the old school, including:
• Vegetation and dirt cleaned off roof.
• Sidewalks, driveway and parking lots cleaned up.
• Flagpole, parking posts, stair-rails sanded and painted.
• Tennis basketball courts poles and brackets sanded and painted.
• Basketball backboard replaced.
• Straightening up court fencing and poles, remove driveway signs and poles.
• Cutting down and trimming trees.