Pepperdine at Gonzaga odds, picks and prediction
The top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (12-0 overall, 3-0 West Coast Conference) host the Pepperdine Waves (4-5, 0-0) Thursday for a 9 p.m. ET. Below, we analyze the Pepperdine-Gonzaga college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Rankings courtesy of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Pepperdine at Gonzaga: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : None listed as of this publishing. With the point spread so large, BetMGM likely won't post a money line.
- Against the spread/ATS : Pepperdine +26.5, -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Gonzaga -26.5, -110
- Over/Under : 167.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Pepperdine at Gonzaga: Three things to know
- Pepperdine returns to game action for the first time since Dec. 23 as the program ends a three-week COVID-19 pause. The Waves had three WCC games postponed and Thursday will be their conference opener. The Waves, who are led by senior G Colbey Ross' 19.0 points and 7.2 assists per game, are coming off back-to-back losses in late December.
- Gonzaga is coming off a 116-88 rout of Portland Saturday but failed to cover as a 32.5-point road favorite. In the win, junior G Joel Ayayi recorded the first triple-double in Gonzaga history, finishing with 12 points, 14 assists and 13 rebounds. Senior F Corey Kispert and sophomore F Drew Timme lead the Bulldogs in scoring at 21.1 PPG and 18.5 PPG, respectively. Freshman stud G Jalen Suggs averages 13.8 PPG and team-bests in assists (5.1 APG) and steals (2.6 SPG), while Ayayi is the top rebounder (8.1 RPG).
- Talk about dominating. Gonzaga has won the last 39 vs. Pepperdine and lead the all-time series 59-31. The last time the Waves beat the Bulldogs was Jan. 18, 2002, when they claimed an 88-79 decision on the road. The Zags won both games last season but failed to cover the spread: 89-77 as 15-point road favorites Feb. 15, 2020, and 75-70 as 21-point home favorites Jan. 4, 2020.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon - register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Pepperdine at Gonzaga: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Gonzaga 97, Pepperdine 75
Money line (ML)
No line was posted as of this publishing. Even if there is one, it definitely won't be worth wagering on.
Against the spread (ATS)
Drop a HALF-UNIT wager on PEPPERDINE +26.5 ( -110). While the Waves are on an 0-for-39 run vs. the Bulldogs, they have covered the spread in four of the last five in the head-to-head series.
The Waves are 28-12-1 in their last 41 games vs. teams with a winning percentage above .600, including 3-0-1 ATS in their last four road games vs. teams with a winning percentage above .600.
The spread is just too big here.
ATS: Pepperdine 3-4 | Gonzaga 6-5-1
The OVER 167.5 ( -110) is the STRONGEST PLAY - 1½ times your usual wager. Gonzaga leads the country in scoring at 96.1 PPG and allows 73.4 PPG. Pepperdine, which should show some rust after the three-week layoff, allows 73.6 PPG. Don't be surprised if Gonzaga hit the century mark in this one.
O/U records: Pepperdine 3-4 | Gonzaga 7-5
|Johnny's 2020-21 CBK record / Strongest plays|
27-24 / 10-15
|CBK record since Jan. 1 / Strongest plays|
12-7 / 5-5
|2021 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
22-12 / 11-7
|2020 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays|
178-147-4 / 87-61-1
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.